Saturday, October 26, 2013

Keyless entry mod in July 2011

I'm not sure about other car markets but the EDM Integra Type R DC2 certainly did not come with keyless entry feature as a standard.
To do this mod by yourself it is required that you have some car electric knowledge and do know how to trace wires.

Using the Integra service manual I drew a schematics of my KEETEC keyless entry module wiring. I usually do such drawings in order to remember how it is connected if something has to be revised.


To successfully accomplish this mod a driver door lock is required. There is a way to use an universal lock motor but fortunately honda or acura did make Integras with keyless entry feature. I managed to get a door lock from Integra LS on the EBAY.
Left: Lock motor from Integra LS, Right: just a simple switch instead of  lock motor in my ITR.
 Using the OEM part makes the job straight forward by assembly.

Lock assembly with swapped lock motor.
Lock assembly with just a switch instead of lock motor.

In addition to this swap you have to add wires to power the motor lock from OEM door lock unit output. Then put everything back together and you're done!

Door without the lock assembly. 
Installed lock assembly in the door.
The green box is the OEM door lock control unit.
Keetec module with wiring.
The KEETEC keyless entry module sits under the dash.
The remote control.
I paid 50€ for the motor lock and 50€ for the KEETEC keyless entry module.

2 comments:

  1. I have FOB KEYLESS FOR MY 97 ACURA TYPE R, but it's not working and I don't know how to program it do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have no idea how the programming of OEM fob keyless works.

      Delete