The engine and gearbox is held by 5 mounts in place. The rear engine mount is the most important of them. This was the explanation for the violent engine movement during high rpm engine output when going on and off the throttle. I had been experiencing this issue since the car purchase.
After removing the steering gearbox, the access to the rear engine mount was very easy. At first I had decided to simply buy a new one, but then I read many posts on successful repair using a polyurethane of various stiffness. A simple replacement of the torn mount was not satisfactory solution because I also wanted to make the mounts a little bit stiffer to improve the engine-to-wheel-to-road power transfer and response.
For the repair of torn mount I have used a polyurethane 50A Shore. The number 50A Shore is a stiffness parameter, the bigger the number the more stiffness you get. I poured the polyurethane into the torn mount and let it dry for a 2 weeks or so.
|Repaired rear engine mount.|
|The front lower engine mount filled |
|The rod boot and bitch pin.|
|Gear rod ES polyurethane bushings.|
Overhauled shift rods.
The titanium shift knob had a lot of dirt trapped in the lettered grooves. Simple tooth brush did the cleaning job very well.
|Cleaned titanium shift knob.|