Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hail damage repair in October 2010

Unfortunately the car got caught in the middle of hail storm in the past. Well the outcome was not good.
Large number of small to mid sized dings were noticeable mainly on the hood and not so much on the roof.
This was sometimes very noticeable under certain lighting condition, therefore I decided to get it fixed after a few months of car purchase.
I didn't like the idea of using a body fill and full repaint to completely repair a damaged part. Luckily I found an advertisement for alternative hail damage fixing service using a so called "Paintless Dent Repair" a.k.a PDR.
I got the hood fixed within a few hours for a friendly price of 150€. I was very happy with the result. As you can see in the following picture it was a pro repair, a day and night difference.


 Before the PDR repair:





After the PDR repair:




After a good experience with PDR I decided to fix the roof hail damage as well, but 2 years later in 2012.


2 comments:

  1. dam weather, her in new York my dc5 takes a ass whipping every winter I hate it lol
    I sure do miss my 2001 type r loved that car to death

    ReplyDelete